Under the Doug Ford government, there is a lot at stake for labour and communities throughout Ontario.
Labour and community allies must be at the forefront of the Ford Resistance.
On Thursday, October 17, the Ontario Federation of Labour and the Thunder Bay and District Labour Council are hosting a Regional Activation Meeting in Thunder Bay. We are inviting all labour and community activists and leaders across the Thunder Bay Region.
Whether we are fighting for decent work, in support of public education, against cuts and the privatization of public services, or to standing against hate, labour’s vibrancy and activism remain critical to protecting and advancing collective bargaining rights, public services and social justice.
We have fought and won before. We will do it again. Let’s get organized to win!
The regional activation meeting will:
- Lay out what is at stake for Ontario in the coming months and years.
- Introduce a member-to-member campaign that allows for stronger communication with rank-and-file members.
- Launch a provincial-wide rapid response network to coordinate local fightback efforts.
- Build and set a plan of action through resistance with community allies over the next several months.
- Identify where and how we increase capacity, support, and infrastructure for the fightback.
- Identify what tools are required to build our fightback network and escalate our actions.
Local union presidents, executive members, local equity and political action committees, shop stewards, activists, key decision-makers and leaders in your community are invited to attend.
Share this event on Facebook here.
326 Memorial Ave
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 3Y3
Google map and directions