February 22, 2020 join the People vs. Conservative Cuts Rally in Niagara Falls.
The Conservative's reckless policies and massive cuts to our valued public services are hurting the people of Ontario.
February 22, the Conservatives are holding their policy convention in Niagara Falls and the people of this province are going to be there, demanding they build an Ontario for all, not just the wealthy and big corporations.
We will be there in front of the Scotiabank Convention Centre, making our presence felt and sending the message that this government is hurting communities across our province with cuts to public services like education and health care.
Let's shine a light on the PC attacks on Ontarians by making sure that delegates to the convention can't miss the messages from the People of Ontario, protesting Conservative cuts.
RSVP right now.
Under the Doug Ford government, there is a lot at stake for labour and communities throughout Ontario.Labour and community allies must be at the forefront of the Ford Resistance.On Thursday, February 27, the Ontario Federation of Labour and the Thunder Bay and District Labour Council are hosting a Regional Activation Meeting in Thunder Bay. We are inviting all labour and community activists and leaders across the Thunder Bay Region.Whether we are fighting for decent work, in support of public education, against cuts and the privatization of public services, or to standing against hate, labour’s vibrancy and activism remain critical to protecting and advancing collective bargaining rights, public services and social justice.We have fought and won before. We will do it again. Let’s get organized to win!The regional activation meeting will:
Local union presidents, executive members, local equity and political action committees, shop stewards, activists, key decision-makers and leaders in your community are invited to attend.What: Regional Activation MeetingWhere: OPSEU - 326 Memorial Avenue, Thunder BayDate: February 27, 2020Time: 5:30pm - 8:30pmLight meal and refreshments will be served.RSVP on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/721505608379592/
- Lay out what is at stake for Ontario in the coming months and years.
- Introduce a member-to-member campaign that allows for stronger communication with rank-and-file members.
- Launch a provincial-wide rapid response network to coordinate local fightback efforts.
- Build and set a plan of action through resistance with community allies over the next several months.
- Identify where and how we increase capacity, support, and infrastructure for the fightback.
- Identify what tools are required to build our fightback network and escalate our actions.